Work to be completed during the week commencing 11th May 2020.
All work is available via remote access for the school. It can be found in samples\science\working from home.
For today’s and Wednesday’s lesson, you are going to do some research for me. Biologists, you have a slight advantage. We need to look at the biological approach but you also need to understand some of the actual biology behind it. Topics:
- The Nervous System; the central nervous system and peripheral nervous system
- The endocrine system (hormones), fight or flight, ACTH
- The structure and function of neurones
- Synaptic transmission, what actually happens in the synapse (neutotransmisters)
- Excitation and inhibition in the synapse
How you choose to present your notes on this is up to you. Notes, posters, models, diagrams etc… If you have any questions you can either message me or even better to maybe comment on the post so other people can see as well. Remember edmodo is a platform for you to share ideas and resources as well. Please submit by Friday as I’ll set more work on Friday and have a look at your work over the weekend and provide some feedback. The work on Friday will be the biological approach to Psychology,